DENVER GEM & MINERAL SHOW
SEPT 15 - 18, 2023
COLORADO CONVENTION CENTER
The Greater Denver Area Gem and Mineral Council, Inc., host of the Denver Gem & Mineral Show™, is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation organized exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes. Trustees from each of our eight member clubs sit on the Council Board. The Council oversees the annual show, and twice each year, the Council distributes proceeds from the show in the form of grants to not-for-profit organizations, particularly those based in Colorado, to promote activities that educate the public in the earth sciences.
The Council was formed to support:
1. The exhibition, exploration, experimentation, and education in the earth sciences;
2. The discovery, development and preservation of minerals and mineral deposits;
3. The advancement, encouragement and utilization of the principal of art and craftsmanship as applied to gems and minerals;
4. Conducting an annual, family orientated Gem and Mineral Show / Exhibition;
5. The disbursement of grants and gifts in the form of money for the advancement of the arts and sciences within the field of interest of the Council.
Annual giving ranges from $20,000 to $30,000. Funds are directed toward site and specimen preservation and display efforts, as well as to assist institutions in purchasing equipment, tools, and supplies. Recent grant recipients have included the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, Colorado School of Mines Geology Museum, Dinosaur Ridge, Morrison Natural History Museum Foundation, Hinsdale County Historical Society, Canyon City Geology Club, Big Horn Basin Foundation, and the Junior Museum of Pennsylvania.
An organization requesting a Grant must:
1. Be classified as a Not-for-Profit organization by the Internal Revenue Service;
2. Promote activities that educate the public in the earth sciences;
3. Agree to report to the Council within one year detailing the actual use of the Grant and an overall assessment of the program or project funded;
4. Submit a completed Grant Application.
The Council generally will not consider:
1. Grants or loans to individuals;
2. Education aid or scholarships;
3. Grants for labor costs.
The Grant Application is available here.